This peach cobbler is so delicious and easy to make. It has lots of peaches in an ooey-gooey cake batter. After assembling everything, sprinkle sugar over the top and it makes a luscious, crispy crust. This easy peach cobbler comes together with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
This easy peach cobbler has been a staple in my kitchen for over 20 years. Easy recipes I can make any time, are my favorite. Everyone loves this peach cobbler and it goes so well with ice cream. I first made it with raspberries and then tried it with peaches. I love it with raspberries and I love it with peaches. You could put almost any fruit in this crust and have an amazing cobbler; blackberries, cherries, apricots, blueberries, etc. Everything comes together in about 10 minutes and then it bakes for an hour at 350°.
Want to make it gluten free? Almond flour substituted for the wheat flour makes this delicious as well!
How to Make Peach Cobbler
1. The truth is, there are not many steps to this peach cobbler.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. Peel and slice seven large peaches. If you have never blanched peaches you should give it a try. It makes peeling peaches so easy.
Boil a pot of water. You want to use a large pan with a large opening at the top like an eight quart saucepan. Have a bowl of cold water ready. Place 3-4 peaches in the boiling water at a time. Let them boil for 20 seconds. Take them out and place them in the bowl with cold water.
I like to slice the peaches in half and pull out the pit. Then you place your knife on the top of the peach and grab the skin. Presto, the skins come off in almost one piece. So easy. The only hard part is waiting for the water to boil.
4. Place one cube or 1/2 cup of butter in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Place the pan in the oven.
5. While the butter melts, mix together, sugar, flour, milk, salt and baking powder. Mix well with a wire whisk. Try to get all the lumps out.
6. Once the butter is melted, pour the flour/sugar mixture in. Use a spatula to mix everything together.
7. Place the sliced peaches all over the batter and use your hands to press everything gently in.
8. Sprinkle sugar all over the top of the peaches and place the pan in the oven.
9. Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with ice cream.
Let me know on Instagram or Pinterest if you make this.
Post a picture and tag me @dinasdiner. I want to know how it turns out.
Easy Peach Cobbler
- 1/2 C. Butter
- 7 C. Fresh Peaches
- 2 C. Sugar
- 2 C. Milk
- 2 C. Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel and slice 7-8 large peaches.
- Place 1/2 cup of butter in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Put the pan in the oven.
- While butter melts, mix 2 cups of flour, sugar and milk in a bowl. Add the salt and baking powder.
- Take the pan out of the oven and pour the batter over the melted butter. Use a spatula to mix butter and batter together.
- Place all the peaches evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of sugar over the peaches.
- Bake for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream. YUM!