Roasted Acorn Squash is a beautiful and tasty addition to any dinner menu. It is especially wonderful for Thanksgiving. So easy and oh so delicious!
As the squash roasts in the oven, the sweetness comes through. These are sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper. Then I added a dusting of nutmeg. Not only are they tasty, but they look so luscious on your table with all their fall colors with the yellow meat and green and orange skins.
How to Make Roasted Acorn Squash
1. Acorn Squash is delicious and the skin can be left on. When the squash cooks the skins become very thin. They are delicious and add beautiful colors to the presentation of the dish.
2. Cut the top and bottom off of the acorn squash. Cut it in half lengthwise. Like all other squash there are seeds and strings inside. Use an ice cream scoop to scrape out the seeds. Scrape along the inside of the seed cavity and scrape out all the threads.
3. Place each half, flat side down, on a cutting board. Slice across the each half making 1/2 inch ribbons of squash. Place these on a large cookie sheet and set the oven to 350°.
4. Use olive oil with a pastry brush to paint on a thin layer of oil on each slice of squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a light dusting of nutmeg. Turn each slice of squash over and do the same thing on the other side.
5. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Flip each piece of squash over and cook for another 20 minutes.
6. Bake until each piece golden brown.
Post a picture and tag me @dinasdiner. I want to know how it turns out.
Roasted Acorn Squash
- 1-2 Acorn Squash
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut off the top and bottom of the squash.
- Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise.
- Place each squash half cut side down on a cutting board.
- Cut across the squash creating ribbons of acorn squash.
- Place each slice of squash on a large cookie sheet.
- Brush or sprinkle olive oil over each piece.
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper and nutmeg on each piece. Turn each piece over and do the same thing on the other side.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn each piece over and bake for another 20 minutes until tender and brown.