This Spinach dip appetizer is a crowd pleaser with only four ingredients, besides the sourdough bread. All you need is frozen spinach, Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix, mayonnaise and sour cream. This will be a hit at your next party.
This appetizer is a classic! I have been making it for over 30 years. Every time I serve this, it is a huge hit! This is just a regular dip unless you serve it with sourdough bread bites. There really is something very special about Spinach Dip and sourdough. Go the extra mile and buy some good sourdough bread.
How to Make Spinach Dip
1. Cook the spinach in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir and then cook for another two minutes.
2. Drain the spinach and squeeze out all the water. Spinach has a lot of water. This recipe will not set up if you do not squeeze out the water. I line a bowl with paper towels and pour the spinach in it. I pick up the paper towels and squeeze. The paper towel will rip at the bottom so be careful. I did this four times before I felt I had sufficiently squeezed all the water out. If you do not want to mess with the holes in the paper towels, use a dish towel. Be careful, the green in the spinach might stain it.
3. Open the Knorr Vegetable Soup mix and pour into another bowl.
4. Add the mayonnaise and sour cream.
5. Add the drained spinach to this bowl and mix.
6. Cut up the sour dough bread into cubes. You are ready to serve!
Products I love to use when making Spinach Dip
Post a picture and tag me.
- 1 10 oz. Package of Frozen Spinach
- 16 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Pkg Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
- 1 Loaf Sourdough Bread
- 1 Can Water Chestnuts (Optional)
- 1 Bunch Green Onions (Optional)
- Cook the spinach in a microwave safe bowl.
- Drain the spinach and squeeze out all the water.
- Open the Knorr Vegetable Soup mix and pour into another bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add the drained spinach to this bowl and mix.
- Cut up the sour dough bread into cubes and serve.