This Blueberry Tart is delicious, lemony and oh so refreshing. It is easy and comes together very fast. If you are a blueberry fan, which I am, this is your dessert! There is a hint of lemon in the cooked portion and then you heap on fresh blueberries and chill. This won’t last long in your house, it doesn’t in mine!
How to Make a Blueberry Tart
1. You need a 9 inch springform pan for this recipe. The tart pops out easily and presents so beautiful with the crust showing on the sides.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°.
3. Coat the springform pan with cooking spray on the sides and the bottom. After making the crust and putting in the pan, you want to push it all around the bottom of the pan and up the sides, just a little.
4. Put one cup of flour, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and salt in a food processor. Cut the butter into slices and add tot he flour mixture. Pulse the machine until the butter is cut into small, equal size pieces.
Add the egg yolks and pulse until everything is well blended.
5. Pour the dough into the springform pan and push it around until you get an even crust. I like to use a piece of plastic wrap placed on top of the dough. Then I use my fingers to push the dough over the bottom and up the sides just a little.
6. In a bowl, place three cups of blueberries. Then mix in one tablespoon of flour, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, 1 Tbsp. flour, lemon zest and lemon juice with the spices. Pour this mixture onto the crust and bake for 1 hour or until the blueberry mixture is bubbling. It seems like a long time, but you really want this blueberry mixture to become like jam. It takes a minute or two for the flour and sugar to do their magic and to get the crust cooked.
7. Once you take this out of the oven, place enough fresh blueberries, about 3 cups, over the top to completely cover the baked layer. Cool until room temperature.
8. Place in the refrigerator for two hours or over night. Before serving, dust the top with powdered sugar.
- 9 inch Springform Pan
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 3 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
Fresh Berries on Top
- 3 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Coat a 9 inch springform pan with vegetable spray.
- Make the crust in a food processor. Add the flour, sugar, salt and pulse. Then slice the butter into 8 pieces and add to the mixture. Pulse until butter is cut into small, even pieces.
- Add the egg yolks and pulse until the dough comes together.
- Place the dough in the greased springform pan. Use your fingers to push the dough to the edges and up the sides a little.
- Mix 3 cups of blueberries, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 Tbsp. Flour, lemon zest and juice and the spices in a bowl. Coat the berries well. Pour into the crust.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the blueberries are bubbling.
- Take out of the oven and pour the rest of the blueberries over the crust. Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
I absolutely loved the crust, the generous amount of blueberries, and the refreshing lemon hint. Not only is the tart delicious but it makes for an absolutely beautiful presentation! Highly recommend.
So beautiful and delicious