Welcome to Dina’s Diner!
This blog started as a place for my children to find my recipes. I began posting pictures and descriptions of the things I made, way back in 2009, and soon it became a place for friends and family to gather and find great things to eat.
My mom was an amazing cook! I grew up watching her make wonderful dishes and trying all kinds of cuisines. She has inspired me throughout my life. I just wanted to be able to do what she could do, go to any restaurant and then come home and make the same dish.
It has taken a long time, but I am finally able to do just that.
Another wonderful thing she taught me was to eat together as a family. So much happens around the dinner table that cannot be recreated anywhere else. Everyone has had experiences and happenings throughout the day and I want to be a part of it. One of my favorite things to ask during dinner is,
“What is your favorite thing that happened today?”
I hope the recipes on my blog inspire you to make unforgettable moments around your dinner table.
Every recipe on this blog has been tested by me. Please give me feedback on the recipes you make by rating them, posting and tagging me at @dinasdiner.
Come back and visit often!
Jalapeño Pepper Jelly
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Jalapeño
- 1 Pkg. Canning Pectin
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 1/4 C. Cider Vinegar
- 6 C. Sugar
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 Sleeves of Crackers
- Place green bell peppers and jalapeños in a blender with 1/2 cup of the vinegar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an 8 quart saucepan. Add the rest of the vinegar.
- Stir in the diced red bell peppers and sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the stove and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Skim the foam off and then sprinkle on the dry pectin.
- Stir until well blended. Pour immediately into sterilized jars.