Hot Artichoke Dip is easy and quick and has three ingredients. This is a fast and easy recipe if you have everything on hand. Canned artichokes are always in my pantry. The marinated artichoke hearts at Costco come in a two pack. These pop up on my shopping list whenever I am low.
I love artichokes so much. Ordering an artichoke dip is always one of my favorite appetizers at any restaurant. When artichokes are in the stores, I love steaming them and then serving them with my mom’s Artichoke Dipping Sauce. If you have a party you are attending in the next few weeks, get prepared for so many compliments when you take this Hot Artichoke Dip.
How to Make Hot Artichoke Dip
1. Drain the artichokes. If you are using the marinated artichoke hearts from Costco, save the water and oil when you drain it. I love using this to make Italian Salad Dressing from a Good Seasons package. The extra yummy spices in the oil make a delicious addition to the salad dressing.
The jar from Costco has 33 oz. of artichokes. I know it is not the 30 from two cans of 15 oz., but I use all of the artichokes. I say the more the merrier.
3 Ingredients Are All You Need to Make This.
2. Slice the artichokes lengthwise. Then cut across them to make small pieces of artichokes. Place these in a large bowl. This takes a minute or two. I have not found a quick and easy way to cut these up, so if you do, let me know.
3. Measure a cup of mayonnaise. Place this on top of the chopped artichokes. Using a really good quality mayonnaise makes a big difference. Hellman’s Best Foods is my mayonnaise of choice.
More Appetizers on Dina’s Diner
4. Grate the parmesan. Have you ever purchased a slice of parmesan from a larger wheel of parmesan? Costco sells them in the deli section. Fresh parmesan melts faster and has a richer flavor than pregrated cheese. You can use a zyliss parmesan cheese grater to get a small grate or you can use the small side of a box grater. Either one will give you just the right size for this dish.
5. Add the parmesan to the mayonnaise and artichokes. Use a spoon to mix everything together.
6. Pour the mixed ingredients into a casserole dish. A smaller casserole dish that holds between 2 quarts and 1.5 quarts is a perfect size. A 13 x 9 pan is too big for this, but if that is all you have, use it.
7. Sprinkle on some more parmesan on top, about 1/2 cup. Bake this in a 375° oven for 25 minutes. You want a nice crispy brown crust on top. Serve with crackers or sour dough bread pieces.
Here are a few products I like to use when making Hot Artichoke Dip
When you purchase items from the Amazon links below, I receive a small commission
Hot Artichoke Dip
- 2 15 oz. Cans Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Sourdough Bread Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Drain the artichokes.
- Slice them into small pieces.
- Grate the Parmesan.
- Place the mayonnaise, parmesan and artichoke pieces in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle on a little more parmesan.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with crackers or sourdough bread pieces.