Christmas cookies are HERE! Nutty Buddy the Elf Chocolate Cookies will satisfy any chocolate cravings. These cookies have milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips, pecans and walnuts. They are decadent and very soft. Everyone in my family loves these sweet, chocolaty and nutty cookies.
In our family, we love the movie, Elf. This is a must see movie each year as we watch all our favorite Christmas movies during the week before Christmas. These chocolate cookies filled with nuts and deliciousness are an homage to this wonderful movie, Nutty Buddy the Elf Chocolate Cookies
How to Make Nutty Buddy the Elf Chocolate Cookies
1. Cream the sugar and butter for about 4 minutes. This allows the sugar crystals to completely dissolve in the butter and gives your cookie more volume. These cookies are heavy with the cocoa, nuts and chocolate chips. They need all the help they can get!
2. Add the eggs one at a time. I like to break all my eggs into a small dish and gently add them one at a time. It is amazing to me how the eggs stay together in the white sacs with the yolk intact. They will plop out one at a time if you gently pore them out.
Cracking an egg on a flat surface keeps the membrane intact which allows you to put the eggs in a bowl and drop them one by one into your cookie dough. Cracking on the edge of a bowl creates more shells in your eggs and a broken membrane.
Nutty Buddy the Elf Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good!
3. Put all your dry ingredient in a bowl and stir with a spoon. I Put the flour, salt, soda, baking powder and cocoa together in the bowl and mix with a spoon.
4. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture one spoonful at a time. I have a Kitchenaid and it has a tendency to push all the flour out of the top of the bowl. I have found by adding heaping spoonfuls to the cookie dough, one at a time, I can get everything mixed into the bowl with less mess.
5. Add the chocolate chips and nuts. Pour the chips into the bowl and mix them on a low speed or use a wooden spoon and fold them into the cookie dough.
6. Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet. Using an ice cream scoop to make balls of cookie dough is one of my favorite ways to get uniform cookies. I place them on a plate and then use my hands to pat them round before dropping them on the greased cookie sheet. You will want to give them enough room to spread during the cooking process. I never put more than 12 cookies on the cookie sheet. Then I use a glass to smash them down, just a bit, to give them that uniform size.
7. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
Let me know on Instagram or Pinterest if you make these. Post a picture and then tag me @dinasdiner. I want to know how it turns out.
Nutty Buddy the Elf Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Pecans
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- Cream the sugar and butter for about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Put all your dry ingredients in a bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture one spoonful at a time.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
Leave me your thoughts!