Christmas cookies make me happy! This candy cane cookie is full of the red striped candy. You can dip them in milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate if you want to take them up a notch or you can eat them plain. Either way, I dream about these cookies!
Nothing says Christmas like candy canes. These cookies are full of these sweet, delightful gems. They are easy and quick and they look like you spent hours making them.
How to Make Candy Cane
Candy Cane Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup Shortening
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, plus 1 Egg White
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 2 2/3 cup Bread Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Crushed Candy Canes
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Crushed Candy Canes
- Cream the shortening and sugar together for 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla and peppermint to the sugar, egg, shortening mixture.
- Put the bread flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a small bowl and mix with a spoon.
- If you purchased candy canes, smash them into small pieces. Add 1 1/4 C. candy cane pieces to cookie dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 8 minutes. Cool cookies completely.
- Melt the chocolates in microwave safe bowls. Dip the cookies.
- Sprinkle candy cane pieces on the wet chocolate.