Snickerdoodles are a family favorite with the tang of cream of tartar inside paired with the sweet of cinnamon sugar on the outside. These are a favorite cookie any time of year, but they are especially perfect at Christmas. Cinnamon is a spice that always makes me think of Christmas. These cookies are perfect to leave for Santa! Perfect to take to a cookie exchange! Perfect to make and take to work!
They are winners any time you serve them!
How to Make Snickerdoodles
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Put the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the butter and 1 1/2 C. sugar together for 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time until blended.
- Mix 1/2 C. sugar with 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a plate.
- Drop cookie balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 9 minutes.