Lime Marinated Flank Steak is a go to, big crowd, yummy dinner. The flavor of this steak has a wonderful citrus taste and the Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning makes for the most tender steak. I love eating this entreé with Can’t Put My Fork Down Mashed Potatoes, Delightful Green Beans and a side of Mac and Cheese.
Fajitas is the real reason I usually marinate and cook flank steak. Everyone likes it and the flavor is out of this world. Dry HiddenValley Ranch is the secret ingredient in this recipe. It is quick and easy and makes the most flavor filled steak.
How to Make Lime Marinated Flank Steak
1. Lime Marinated Flank Steak has a lot more flavor the longer you marinate it. Making it the night before and letting it rest in the refrigerator, for 24 hours, is delicious. Sometimes, I only have two hours to marinate and you know what? It is great that way, too!
2. Start by mixing Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning with the lime juice. Add in the cumin and pour the oil over the top. Mix with a wire whisk and whip everything together until it is smooth.
3. When marinating this, I like to use a shallow cookie sheet. Flank steak is very thin and fits perfectly on this pan. Also, when I make this, I like to marinate two cuts of flank steak.
Since flank steak is thin, it only feeds about four people, but two steaks, will feed eight. I am usually feeding eight people, or more, so two steaks works the best for me. Both steaks can fit on one large cookie sheet if you place them across the pan.
4. Pour a little marinade on the bottom of the cookie sheet. Place the flank steaks on this marinade and pour the rest over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator over night.
Cook this on the grill, under the broiler or in a ridged frying pan.
5. Cooking this on a grill is my preferred method. Sometimes, I am in the mood for flank steak when I can’t get outside. It cooks great under a broiler and in a dutch oven frying pan. If you have a fry pan with ridges, it cooks up with grill marks on it, just like a grill.
6. Flank steak only needs about 4 minutes on each side. Put a lid on the pan or cover the grill and then turn them over again and cook another four minutes on each side. This means there is a total of 8 minutes on each side.
7. When you pick the steak up with tongues, it should be stiff and not floppy. If the steak feels kind of floppy, or droopy, it is not ready. Cook it for another 2 minutes on each side. Place the steak on a dish and cover with tin foil. Let it rest 3-5 minutes before cutting across the steak, into long strips. Serve immediately.
Here are a few products I like to use when making Lime Marinated Flank Steak.
When you purchase items from the Amazon links below, I receive a small commission.
Lime Marinated Flank Steak
- 3 Tbsp. Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Lime Juice (about 3-4 Limes)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 Flank Steak
- Put dry Hidden Valley Ranch Mix in a small bowl with the cumin.
- Mix in the lime juice and oil. Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Pour a little marinade in the bottom of a shallow dish. Place flank steak in the dish and pour the rest of the marinade over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cook the steak on the grill, in a frying pan or under the broiler. Cook for eight minutes on each side, four minutes at a time, turn over and then do that again.
- Once cooked, rest for 3-5 minutes with tin foil on top. Slice the steak across the grain, and serve immediately.